Visa requirements for entering the Philippines


Visa requirements for entering the Philippines

So, you want to move or visit the Philippines, what is the requirements.

If you are a UK or US citizen, you are entitled to a 30 day free visa stay, however, you must have a outward bound ticket to prove you intention to leave., it does not matter when you exit ticket states you are going to leave, after 30 days you will have to pay for another 30 day extension, this will cost approximately 3250 Php. On your next extension you have to pay 500 Php for your ACR-I card, now at this point it is up to you if you extend you visa for 1 month, or up to 6 months.

If you decide to extend for 6 months, you will save around 5500 Php a very big saving. You can stay in the Philippines legally for up to 3 years on a tourist visa before you have to leave the Country, you can then re-enter the Philippines, however, you have to start all over again, when you return, but the good news is, your first 30 days is free again.

If you decide to marry a Filipino, you will only have to extend you visa every 12 months. The requirement to marry here if you have been divorced, is your original divorce certificate. Although it is argued that you do not need a police report I would recommend that you obtain one to show that you are of good character.

I hope this brief over view has helped, however if I have not mentioned something, or you have more relevant information, please drop me a message, so that I can keep this page up to date.


  1. Hello good morning, I have a question. I know that you are renting a place in Naga city. I am curious what documents they asked for to sign the lease. I tried to rent an apartment 4 years ago and they told me that I needed an acr card. Well back then you would not get that after just a couple months. So I was not able to rent a place and they would not accept just my passport. Now I have an ACR card and it says tourist on it. Im fine with that, I am a tourist. But I was thinking to rent again. Do you think the ACR card with the Tourist letters in RED is acceptable? Also, would i be able to open a peso back about with that same ACR card? By the way, I have seen most of your videos and you have come a long way. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the information.

    • Hi Nash,it doesn’t matter that you have tourist on your card,the important thing is you have the card,so now you can open a bank account and rent a property,however,please do not sign any long term lease,only do one month at a time,because things can change fast here.I hope your time here is a happy and safe one.

  2. Hello, I’m just wondering about paying for house rent can you pay by cash? each mounth before you get a ACR-I card as most banks require them befrom opening an account

  3. Ꮃay cool! Sоme extremely vallid ⲣoints! I apprecfiate you writing tһis article рlus the restt οff tһe website іs
    aⅼsօ realⅼy ցood.

  4. Fantastic blog you have here but I was wondering if you knrw of any user discussion fortums
    that cover the same ttopics discussed here? I’d
    really like to be a part of online community where I ccan get advice from other knowledgeable
    people that share the same interest. If you have any
    suggestions, please let mee know. Bless you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *